Sr. Manager, Integrated Patient Marketing Communications
Employment Type: Full-Time
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
GRAIL is looking for an Sr. Manager, Integrated Patient Marketing Communications who is passionate about our mission to detect cancer early, when it can be cured, to join our growing marketing team.
This role focuses on building awareness of Galleri through integrated digital content efforts. This leader will help excite, educate and inspire prospective patients (consumers who are learning about us and might become patients) through a variety of media. They are facile at translating science into compelling and easy to understand content. They know how to make innovation interesting and to tap deeply into patient segments and personas to unlock the why behind health. They will be digitally savvy and love to work on developing best in class consumer health experiences, stories, videos and educational programs, including:
Patient facing website content development
Crafting patient education strategies and content partnerships with established healthcare education hubs (e.g., WebMD)
Patient testimonial strategy, development, and execution
* Create, develop and manage patient facing web content to drive awareness, education, and conversion with target audiences
* Develop a unique content partnership strategy and implement the program to achieve business and brand objectives of reach and engagement
* Work cross functionally to develop a cohesive patient testimonial / story strategy with clear objectives and use cases
* Ensure content across channels and platforms meets objectives and audience goals while adhering to brand, style, and standards guidelines
* Seek opportunities to promote content through established channels such as social media and collaborate with team members to identify further syndication opportunities
* Analyze available performance information to determine the impact of created content
* Help to create a 'learning organization' through developing cross-team best practices and sharing between content leads
* Guide agency partners on relevant patient programs
* Have excellent communication and presentation skills to lead and convey clear messages to internal and external stakeholders
* Work closely with market research to leverage patient insights and segmentation data to identify adoption drivers and barriers, assess messaging/collateral and overall campaign success
* Contribute to the marketing plan and strategy
* Closely collaborate with healthcare professional marketing, digital marketing, channel partner marketing, customer service, clinical development, sales, medical affairs, corporate communications, and external agencies
* Know how to work in a highly regulated environment and have the creativity to find new ways of expressing claims and ideas to meet legal, compliance and regulatory needs
* Have a keen understanding of the competitive landscape in cancer screening and digital health to always be staying ahead of the curve on digital content needs and where patient storytelling is going
Your background should include
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; MBA is preferred
* 7-10 years of relevant marketing experience.
* Strong storytelling ability and demonstration of connecting emotionally and rationally with prospective patients.
* Best in class communicator, using all media to educate and inspire the patient
* Ability to lead and guide creative teams to develop engaging and winning content.
* Demonstrated success marketing to patients or consumers in prior roles in US biotech, medical device, diagnostic, healthcare, digital health or consumer health and wellness brands.
* Experience running partnership programs with a 360 integrated approach
* Consistent track record to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive results in a matrixed, fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate complex medical concepts in a clear, concise way to patients.
* Demonstrated track record of getting things done and growing responsibility over time.
* Ability to effectively lead multiple competing priorities.
* Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills.
* Willing and able to travel as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ('GRAIL') does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies ('Agency'), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings ('Agreement'). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL's HR Department through our Customer Service team.