Technical Solutions Consultant, Payments Partner Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* 7 years of experience in systems design or coding in a general purpose programming language and working with web services technologies (e.g., HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth.)
* Customer-facing experience translating technical concepts and solutions to non-technical and executive audiences.
* Experience with APIs and related technology initiatives involving banks, payment platforms or projects involving Open Banking initiatives.
* Experience having built and grown products and/or vertical solutions from the ground up.
* Experience having worked with global partners, standards bodies or consortiums building joint solutions.
* Ability to work in a matrixed organization, to build bridges and to rally teams across organizational lines.
* Effective communication and project management skills, with a track record of handling multiple customers and streams of work.
About the job
In the Google Payments team, our mission is to deliver low-cost, instant and secure payments.The Google Payments team also drives the monetization engine for products. We work and interface with various parts of the banking/payments ecosystem, including networks, issuers, gateways, and fintechs to deliver the best solutions globally. Our goal is to enable safe and easy payments for Google users and to drive growth across all of our monetizing products.
As a Technical Solutions Consultant, you will be a key technical contributor integrating our payment platform with the financial services infrastructure in key markets -- including banks, national payment rails, global and local card schemes, and other financial services providers. You will work closely with key external technical stakeholders including financial institutions, government regulators and innovative fintech companies alongside our core payments product, engineering and cross-functional team to grow and scale our global payments business.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $147,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
* Work with the technical community in global payments platform providers, open source, banking, regulatory bodies, and Google Payments team to provide technical expertise, architecture, and technology solutions.
* Manage the technical aspects of a partner's integration by providing the documentation and technical guidance to grow and scale Google Payments platform adoption through partners.
* Develop and operate appropriate technology infrastructure for onboarding partners on to the platform, deliver blueprints and accelerator methodologies, developer tools, etc.
* Drive partner initiatives and projects through the entire project lifecycle - including managing project schedules, understanding partner development times, finding ways to accelerate their schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders (internal and external).
* Work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams (product, engineering and field) to contribute to product roadmap, feature prioritization and other strategic Go-to-Market initiatives.