Technical Program Manager III, Cloud Programs, Storage
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of experience in software program management and/or engineering management.
* Experience in cloud storage services or related technical fields.
* 7 years of experience managing large, cross-functional programs spanning a diverse set of stakeholders both technical and non-technical members.
* 5 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
* 2 years of experience with Compute, Storage, and Network infrastructure in on-prem and/or cloud environments.
* Experience in software infrastructure engineering.
* Experience in problem solving within fast-paced and constantly changing environments.
* Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
About the job
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you'll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You'll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Google Cloud Platform is changing the way the world uses cloud computing. You'll unleash your significant talents for program management, mobilizing cross functional teams, delivering solutions for scale and data-driven decision making to refine, launch and take to market solutions that accelerate our customers' success in the cloud.
By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for all the teams within Cloud Programs. The teams include but are not limited to: Compute, Networking, Data and Analytics, Security, Privacy, Developer Tools, NPI, Services Platform, Product Operations, Capacity Planning, Storage, Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence, and Data Center.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Provide software development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
* Work closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
* Take responsibility for release schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
* Lead several technical programs for the Google Cloud business, setting priorities for products and engineering, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and quickly fine tuning the program as needed.
* Manage product delivery for key customers; working closely with the Sales, Engineering, and Product teams to ensure products are delivered to customer expectations