Technical Program Manager II, Cloud Programs, Compute
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 2 years of experience in software program management and/or engineering management.
* Experience in cloud computing emerging technologies or related technical fields.
* 4 years of experience working cross-functionally in a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
* 2 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
* 2 years of experience with Compute, Storage, and Network infrastructure in on-prem and/or Cloud Environments.
* Experience in large scale distributed systems.
* Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
* Experience in problem solving within fast-paced and constantly changing environments.
About the job
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you'll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You'll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will utilize your significant talents for program management, mobilizing cross-functional teams, delivering solutions for scale and data-driven decision making to refine, launch, and take to market solutions that accelerate our customers' success in the cloud.
By applying to this position your application is automatically considered for all the teams within Cloud Programs. The teams include but are not limited to: Compute, Networking, Data and Analytics, Security, Privacy, Developer Tools, NPI, Services Platform, Product Operations, Capacity Planning, Storage, Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence, and Data Center.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Provide software development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver program outcomes.
* Work closely with software engineers, QA, Product Managers, and other engineering teams to get products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test, and release on time).
* Manage project schedules, identify possible issues, and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders.
* Take responsibility for release schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
* Lead several technical programs for the Google Cloud Business, setting priorities for products and engineering, leading cross-functional teams to take products to market, ensuring success metrics are informing future efforts, and quickly fine tuning the program as needed.