Technical Program Manager, Environmental Compliance Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of experience in environmental compliance program management.
* Experience developing specifications, standard operating procedures, and/or test protocols.
* Experience in environmental compliance engineering and with restricted substances and energy efficiency.
About the job
The Devices & Services Product Area (DPSA) Product Regulatory Compliance Engineering team comprises four subject matter areas: Product Safety, Environmental & Sustainability, EMC and RF Engineering (SEER). We support all consumer hardware products within DSPA from concept design phase throughout the entire product life cycle inclusive of end-of-life recycling. In addition, we provide advice on the compliance of a number of products either made for Google or developed by other divisions of Alphabet/Google. In this role, you will work regularly with Government Agencies, Legal Counsel, Engineering Design, business partnership/carriers, and industry trade organizations.
The Environmental Compliance and Sustainability team supports all products and accessories with the Consumer Hardware organization inclusive of phones, notebooks, tablets, home safety/security/entertainment devices, and more. As the Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that Google Consumer Hardware products meet all applicable environmental and product sustainability standards, requirements, and best practices. You will work closely with Product Design Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Wireless Engineers, Manufacturing Partners, Legal Counsels, Supply Chain and Operations to ensure that related sustainability requirements are implemented throughout the product life cycle.
* Be responsible for materials and energy efficiency compliance and environmental sustainability programs for Google's consumer hardware devices including accessories.
* Partner with Industry Associations, Global Policy, and Legal teams to track new regulations and make appropriate business process, analytical testing, and/or automated reporting tool updates to ensure continued global market access.
* Represent the Environmental Compliance & Sustainability Team with engineering, operations, supply chain and product development teams to drive strategic initiatives such as safer chemistry and/or energy efficiency Eco-Design requirements.
* Develop and maintain all aspects of the environmental compliance program for the consumer hardware devices including execution of key program areas e.g. specification development, testing, surveillance monitoring, training of key stakeholders and continuous process improvements.
* Communicate program status and emerging regulatory trends to senior management to ensure compliance preparedness.