Technical Program Manager, Customer Demand Planning
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Supply Chain, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with SQL and building reports.
* Experience in technical program or project management on cross-functional projects.
* Experience with software development, programming, applications, systems, or database development.
* Experience analyzing product and/or technical plans, with the ability to identify success metrics, risks, and dependencies.
* Experience in supply chain, specifically demand or capacity planning.
* Process improvement experience.
* Excellent time management skills, with ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
* Solid verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you'll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You'll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google's global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure.
The Customer Demand Planning team within Google Cloud is responsible for analyzing and developing consistently accurate Demand Plans for capacity requirements across all products. As a Technical Program Manager, you will be part of developing solutions that drive capacity investments and execution across the entire supply chain. You will be responsible for analyzing market trends and past forecast performance towards driving consistent and sustained accuracy improvements.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
(Colorado only*) inimum salary of $120,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
* Be responsible for planning, managing, and communicating a highly-complex portfolio for Google Cloud Capacity Planning teams.
* Drive execution progress of programs including stakeholder identification and collaboration, problem-solving, the development and advancement of product roadmaps, and communications to executive leaders.
* Partner with Engineering, Product Management, and Business teams to define and measure meaningful metrics on program and product success.
* Initiate cross-functional projects and processes, make decisions about priorities, drive programs across their product areas, and show leadership and influence across teams.