Technical Program Manager, Compliance
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Program Management experience on technical cross-functional projects.
* Experience in compliance, information security, IT audit, and/or risk management.
* Master's, PhD degree, or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical related field.
* Experience with security compliance frameworks, controls, and best practices: AICPA Trust Principles (SSAE 16 - SOC 2 and 3), ISO 27000 series, PCI DSS, SANS CIS Critical Security Controls, regulations governing personally identifiable information (PII), and other regulatory compliance frameworks.
* Ability to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
About the job
By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following product areas based on role availability: Google Cloud or Devices and Services. Google builds products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether they're down the street or across the globe.
As a Technical Program Manager focused on Compliance, you'll use your expertise in national and global compliance standards to ensure governance across Google's global suite of hardware and software products. You'll balance Google's legal and compliance requirements with our users' needs, and with our company's values. And you'll make sure that when Google pursues a new product or technology, we do it in full compliance with the laws, regulations, rules, and standards of the places where we do business. In this role, you'll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. And, thanks to Google's industry leading benefits and ample opportunities for personal and professional development, you'll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving. Candidates of all experience levels are encouraged to apply. We'll consider your experience to best match you with open roles.
* Manage compliance programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery.
* Identify, assess, and advise on compliance risks and controls.
* Create and drive programs to tighten the data security and governance over our internal data.
* Coordinate, manage, and facilitate compliance processes to provide timely deliverables.
* Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams, and communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.