Technical Program Manager, Chrome OS Platform Device Enablement
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
* 4 years of Program Management experience.
* Experience with Consumer Hardware.
* Experience working on software development projects.
* Experience working with cross-functional teams and external partner teams.
* Experience working on complex hardware and software systems.
* Experience in planning and delivering innovative and technical product development.
* Excellent people skills, leadership skills and executive communication skills.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily.
As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
At Chrome OS, we have engaged top OEMs to bring devices from design to customer release for nearly 10 years. As we continue to scale we need a strong engineering team with specialties in the technologies used within Chrome OS devices, and these teams need tenacious program managers to drive execution with efficient processes and tools.
In this opportunity, you will lead the program management and technical execution of new reference design platforms leading to new Chromebooks.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $120,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
* Own the execution of Chromebook reference design - from initial program creation, through hardware and software bringup, resulting in final OEM devices (Chromebooks).
* Review Chrome OS roadmap with product managers, define reference design project scope, allocate engineering resources, publish program schedules and manage overall program.
* Work closely with Chrome OS hardware and software engineering teams as well as external partners on engineering designs, periodic design reviews, qualification efforts, and regular bug triaging.
* Work with OEMs and ODMs in building hardware.
* Work with several Chrome OS cross functional teams like partner engineering, lab and test teams on chromebook validation and testing efforts.