Technical Program Manager, AR, Compliance, Privacy, and Security
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* 10 years of experience in program management.
* Experience working in the consumer hardware/software space taking a new technology to market, or experience with display architectures or waveguide design.
* Experience in privacy, compliance, safety or security on consumer devices.
* Deep experience with one or more of the following: regulatory compliance and policy; architecting privacy principles and solutions; safety or security programs for new technologies.
* Experience running a program with a transformative component.
* Experience working on highly cross-functional programs in partnership with senior leaders (Director +).
* Experience bringing new technologies to market with a focus on compliance, privacy, safety and security.
About the job
The AR Team at Google is building the future of immersive computing. Through our development of ARCore we enable augmented reality experiences on hundreds of millions of devices, but we are not stopping there. We are working on really cool, cutting edge technologies enabling the next generation of immersive devices.
You're passionate about risk management, enjoy solving complex policy and best practice-based problems, and have a background in navigating highly regulated domains.
As a Compliance, Privacy, Safety and Security Technical Program Manager, you'll be responsible for driving programs with a risk management flavor. You will ensure AR programs meet all regulatory compliance requirements, uphold the highest privacy standards, are compliant with the latest safety best practices, and partner with senior engineering leads on security-focused topics.
This isn't just an execution focused role, but also an advisor position to senior engineering and product leads. You will partner with subject matter experts across Google, to not only ensure we are doing the right things, but to also pave the way for new things which do not fit in traditional buckets.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
* Build positive relationships, and trust over time through strong partnerships; high quality and clear communication; solutions focused mindset; and by exceeding expectations.
* Guide senior engineers on architectural decisions impacted by compliance, privacy, safety or security policies or best practices.
* Drive solutions to complex risk management questions through education, advocacy, partnerships and creative thinking.
* Break problems down into digestible, executable sub-sets, and drive them to resolution.
* Drive overall program execution, unblocking roadblocks, handling issues independently, and ensuring transparent reporting of progress to leadership.