Strategy Lead, Operations and Special Projects, Search
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
* 8 years of experience in consulting or marketing strategy at a business consulting firm or within an in-house strategy unit
* Experience influencing product development through marketing insights
* Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to distill complex analysis to simple communications
* Demonstrated capacity for building strategy for global teams and working with senior executives
* Excellent written and oral communication, spreadsheet software, presentation design, and people skills
* The ability to connect the dots across teams, insights, and initiatives
* High tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial approach
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
On the Operations and Special Projects team, you will untangle complex global business challenges to inform marketing strategy -- from delivering investment hypotheses to framing the narrative for how we should go to market.
You are a strategic marketer, with experience in business planning and consulting, to lead Marketing Strategy, Operations & Special Projects for one of Google's most widely used products - Search.
You will work directly with the Director of Search Marketing, and lead global strategy for the team, unpacking key priorities rooted in business insights and driving resource allocation. You will provide a strategic perspective across the entire team's work streams and be the connective tissue between Search and other Marketing and cross-functional teams. You will identify and create efficiencies in operations and drive internal communications that amplify programs.
You will drive team culture and also lead special projects to inform and execute on our strategic priorities -- from market opportunity analysis, to product positioning and visioning, to seasonal moments and crisis response.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Lead annual and quarterly marketing planning for global Search teams
* Liaise with regional marketing teams to identify business opportunities for Search
* Drive special projects across product marketing, brand, growth, and business insights
* Identify and drive marketing operation processes to improve organizational efficiency
* Cultivate team culture and development, setting agenda for weekly leads meetings, and identifying team growth and development opportunities