Strategy Associate, MBA University Graduate, YouTube
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Currently enrolled in a full time MBA program.
* 3 years of experience in professional services (consulting, investment banking) or a corporate strategy role.
* Experience in coding (e.g., MATLAB, R, Python or Java) and familiarity with SQL.
* Experience in consumer, internet or media industries.
* Experience communicating and influencing a range of audiences, including senior executives.
* Exceptional business judgment and excellent financial modeling, spreadsheet software and presentation software skills.
* Demonstrated problem solving and analysis skills
About the job
The YouTube Strategy team focuses on our highest priorities, solving complex, ambiguous problems that span early stage growth initiatives, investing in our largest product or business areas, making major operational or organizational changes, and assessing strategic rationale for YouTube external investment opportunities. Throughout, we provide analytics-based insights, ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, help YouTube teams drive our most important strategic initiatives, and advise our senior leadership on the best path forward.
As a Strategy & Business Operations Associate for YouTube, you'll drive our team's initiatives forward, developing the most robust answers for YouTube's strategic and operational priorities. You will drive projects commissioned by the leadership at YouTube, apply critical thinking, analyze data and synthesize recommendations on major business decisions and catalyze a successful launch with cross-functional teams. You'll work and collaborate with our executive leadership and leaders across functions, including YouTube's Product, Engineering, Partnerships, Sales, Finance, Analytics teams and more. You will be an integral part of the SBAF team, investing to further build the strategy community and being a culture-carrier for the team.
Strategy & Business Operations Associates work on project 'rotations' across the domains of YouTube's business (including User Growth, Creator, Commerce, MediaCos, Music + Premium, Responsibility & Reputation, Operations & Infrastructure, Business Operations).
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
* Work on the priorities of YouTube's executives and, as part of the Strategy team, determine how best to take on solving the company's biggest opportunities and most challenging problems.
* Structure, launch and drive workstreams by developing hypotheses, translating these hypotheses into work plans and conducting analysis, including financial models, analyzing market/competitive trends, business drivers and operating metrics.
* Prepare presentations and communicate findings to YouTube's executives and the broader organization.
* Work with cross-functional teams to align on recommendations, financial and headcount investment needs, launch plans and enable and transition to short-term and long-term owners.
* Be a culture-carrier for the team.#06022021