STEP Intern, Second-Year Student, Summer 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Second-year Bachelor's student majoring in Computer Science or a related field.
* Have taken two college computer science courses (AP or IB included).
* Currently attending a university in the United States.
* Returning to a Bachelor's degree program with at least two years remaining in their academic program after completion of the Summer 2022 internship.
* Ability to complete a full-time, 12-week internship between May and August or June and September 2022 (exact program dates will be provided at a later point in the process).
About the job
STEP (Student Training in Engineering Program) is an internship for first and second-year undergraduate students with a passion for computer science. Students must be available for a 12 week, full-time internship from May to August or June to September 2022. The program provides developmental opportunities for students from groups historically underrepresented in tech through technical training and professional development.
Our unique internship offers the opportunity to work on a software project alongside other STEP interns and full-time Googlers, and provides the chance to bridge the gap between academics and practical professional experience.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
(Colorado only*) $56,000.
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
* Complete a technical project where you'll get to build solutions and get exposure to immense scale and complexity.
* Attend technical talks by Googlers, gain insight into technical interview preparation, learn about Google coding practices and technologies, and develop other skills that will set you up for success.
* Receive coaching and mentorship from Google engineers to guide you through your summer experience.
* Build personal networks and friendships with a diverse group of students who share your passion for technology.