Silicon Engineering Intern, PhD, Summer 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Currently pursuing a PhD degree in Electrical, Electronics, and Communication Engineering or relevant technical fields.
* Experience with basic design concepts and computer hardware architecture.
* Experience with one or more of the following: C, C++, MATLAB/OCTVE, Python, SystemVerilog / VHDL, and/or Verilog.
* Research or teaching experience, previous internships, and/or personal projects in one or more of the following areas: Algorithms and theory, Analog IC design, Architecture / system specification, ASIC design, Data Mining, Digital design, Hardware and architecture, Infrastructure / systems programming, Machine learning and artificial intelligence, Mixed-signal, and/or Natural language processing, and/or TensorFlow.
* Currently attending a degree program in the US with plans to return to the degree program after completion of the internship.
* Available to work full time for a minimum of 12 weeks outside of university term time.
About the job
As a Silicon Engineer, you will design, develop and deploy consumer hardware. Google's Consumer Hardware Silicon division builds chips optimized for Google-branded consumer devices. Our product areas include imaging, machine learning, video, and security. We are currently hiring in Bangalore across all parts of the development process including: architecture evaluation and definition, microarchitecture, RTL, verification, emulation/prototyping, DFT, physical design and silicon validation. We aim to build a team with talent that resonates with Google's culture of innovation and fun, and you have an opportunity to be part of it.
As a member of a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team, you will use your creativity and diverse range of engineering experience to explore solutions to a variety of engineering problems. Additionally, you will participate in the design, analysis, and prototyping of new concepts. You will also work in a manufacturing and product oriented development environment and collaborate with vendors and outside sources in order to see parts through to manufacture.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
(Colorado only*) $82,000 Please reach out to offer-help@ for non-salary compensation information..
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
* Specific responsibilities which vary by project area but may include the following:
* Perform performance validation and simulation using C/C++ and RTL-based models, and performance correlation.
* Perform analysis results in both qualitative and quantitative fashion.
* Create tools/scripts to automate test suites and models to improve functionality of simulators.
* Participate in evaluation of future ASIC designs and general architecture.