Shorts Trends Manager, YouTube Culture & Trends
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years professional experience telling stories related to web content, pop culture, music, or news or for a editorial brand or platform.
* Ability to work non-standard working hours, including weekends
* Experience in content curation
* Experience working in breaking news environments or social media companies, with a remit to track and identify memes, songs, and trends
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability and experience public speaking in a professional capacity
* Ability to generate data and statistical analysis
* Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic and constantly evolving context. Ability to build collaborative partnerships cross-functionally, such as across marketing, communications, and engineering
* Passion for the web video/YouTube ecosystem and short-form content/memes
About the job
YouTube Marketing's mission is to know our users, and to connect them to the magic of our products and creators. We make YouTube successful by shaping people's perceptions of YouTube and inspiring them to engage with us. We're also responsible for all of YouTube's marketing activities to consumers, creators, and key opinion influencers.
As a YouTube Shorts Culture and Trends Manager, you'll have the opportunity to shape and improve understanding of YouTube, viral internet culture, trending music, memes, and short form video content. You'll join the YouTube Culture and Trends team, which uses data to track trends, and connect YouTube stories and content to millions of people. This includes community-focused initiatives, as well as other projects built around popular content across entertainment, news, music, sports, and more.
You'll manage efforts around popular trends, channels, and videos and develop programming strategies, with a focus on short-form video and hashtags, helping support YouTube's Shorts feature. You'll leverage data and research to create positive, engaging user experiences on a daily basis, and work with cross-functional teams to help users and creators better understand what's happening on YouTube. In this role, you will be immersed in the YouTube community and daily social media conversation.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Manage a global programming coordination effort, reviewing and organizing popular videos and trends each day while taking into account complex policies and considerations. Assess and make decisions about the appropriateness of different content for various audiences and provide an expert view on cultural sensitivities.
* Be an expert on the latest memes, hit songs, and content trends, tracking breakout hashtags and creators on a daily basis.
* Leverage data to analyze the audience, drive program strategies and support marketing and communication initiatives with culture and trends research. Translate video data into cultural insights for internal marketing, PR, and partnerships teams.
* Represent YouTube occasionally as a spokesperson or by delivering presentations about local trends to internal and external audiences.
* Work with partners in product, UX, content, and engineering to improve YouTube's app experiences.