Senior Visual Designer, Devices, Fitbit
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
* 6 years of experience in Interaction Design or relevant design industry experience.
* Portfolio demonstrating command of visual design through interactive projects.
* Experience with designing, prototyping, and implementing expressive UI that adapts and/or moves.
* Experience working on embedded OS/experiences with RTOS.
* Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms using tools: (i.e. Figma and Sketch)
* Knowledge of design systems and their contemporary trends/usage. Experience designing across a range of products/services, and successfully launching complex products to the market.
* Excellent communication and listening skills, proactive at addressing feedback, represent and advocate for UX and users.
* Ability to closely collaborate with other UX functions, product management, and engineering to take product from concept to launch.
About the job
As a Senior Visual Designer on the Fitbit Device Software team, you will work with a team of interaction, visual, and motion designers across the US, Europe, and Asia to create engaging and delightful experiences on our wearable and IoT products. You will be a strategic partner with colleagues across Fitbit and various Google teams.
With Fitbit's recent integration into Google as its consumer health and fitness brand, we are on an amazing journey to pursue our vision of helping everyone in the world be healthier. You are a passionate and experienced Motion Designer who is thrilled by the idea of creating experiences that motivate and guide people through a lifelong health journey.
Fitbit's diverse line of innovative products of smartwatches, trackers and smart scale help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Our products deliver personalized experiences, insights and guidance through leading software and interactive tools to support our users' health and wellness. Partnering with Google will expand our resources and global platform, and we will be able to accelerate innovation in the wearables category to scale faster, and make health even more accessible to everyone.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $147,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
* Contribute to and advocate for visual design standards and language across Fitbit experiences while focusing on devices. Foster user-centric design culture, values, and principles within the group and to the broader organization.
* Communicate Fitbit's brand, voice and tone into engaging UI experiences.
* Move between leading projects and being a direct contributor - delivering from concept to completion. Collaborate with visual designer peers, UX team members, researchers, and engineers to solve complex problems to enhance interactivity, visual design, and delight for our users.
* Create documentation of usage from accessibility to design specifications in partnership with internal and external agencies.
* Screen design for smartwatches and trackers. create editorial and instructional icons and illustrations. Work with and guide vendors. Define and lead visual design reviews. Build compelling narratives for stakeholder reviews.