Senior Systems Administrator, Enterprise Fleet Integration & Management
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Production experience with Linux and/or Windows Administration in an on-prem or cloud environment
* Programming experience in a non-shell scripting languages such as Ruby, Go, or Python
* 7 years of experience working in large, high-volume, production distributed environments.
* Ability to design large-scale distributed systems.
* Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
* Experience in process engineering and documentation related to IT services.
* Experience translating business requirements (user journeys) into technical/functional requirements.
* Experience in service and/or product management and managing expectations with customers and development teams.
About the job
Systems Administrators embrace Google's motto to ensure millions of users can access the world's information without a glitch. As a Systems Administrator at Google, you own and support the needs of one of Google's server infrastructure systems. You're highly technical and work directly with other server and service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the Google service infrastructure as well as compliance with internal policies. Success in this role means you are able to support servers in a mixed operating system environment and work efficiently with our internal technology providers as well as other operations groups. Googlers rely on your guidance when it comes to design decisions so you'll have a direct impact in keeping the business productive.
Enterprise Fleet Integration & Management (EFIM) is focused on the successful integration of primarily (but not exclusively) third-party fleets into Google's infrastructure and the management (automation, toil reduction) of those fleets.
We currently manage critical security and building infrastructure as well as communications and printing fleets. You will have direct impact on developing the long-term vision and scope of services we're able to provide.
You provide technical leadership and expertise to partner teams and internal customers for enterprise-wide fleets (e.g. badging, surveillance, guest@Google, etc.).
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Identify and solve complex systemic issues spanning multiple systems and teams. This may include designing systems or services from ground up
* Partner with internal service owners and teams to evaluate technical data, create recommendations, obtain consensus, plan and execute service upgrades and changes
* Automate and/or execute IT infrastructure-related projects such as platform migrations and information security policy updates
* Develop tools and solutions to increase the operational efficiency of the IT change management process with focus on excellent user journeys or experiences
* Innovate and design new internal solutions that allow us to reduce operational work and scale 10x