Senior Product Design Engineering Lead, Devices and Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, a related Engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of experience in consumer electronics mechanical architecture and systems design.
* Experience in shipping multiple products, in a lead or principal engineer role.
* Knowledge of technologies used in consumer products (e.g., plastic injection molding, sheet metal, extrusion, die casting).
* Ability to form effective cross-functional relationships and to communicate product design/mechanical requirements clearly to non-experts.
* Ability to deliver multiple large, complex, and mission-critical projects.
About the job
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices and Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more effective.
As a Senior Product Design Engineering Lead, you will be designing consumer-focused computing devices. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams such as Operations, Product Management, and Hardware to define and deliver excellent products.
* Manage the subsystem and/or sole part designs from concept to production.
* Oversee supplier/partners of subsystems and/or sole part design from concept to production.
* Investigate cause design issues to improve designs with the goal of successfully delivering products to production.
* Design for function, reliability, human factors, manufacturability, and cosmetic requirements.
* Lead and train a dynamic product development team who understands and executes on all hardware and strategic objectives.