Senior Manager, Government Affairs & Public Policy
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience
* 10 years experience in a relevant field like public policy or government relations, specifically in the area of regulatory affairs, public affairs, data protection, economics, competition policy, consumer protection, or online platforms policy
* Experience collaborating cross-functionally
* Experience handling public policy challenges relating to mobile platforms, devices, or operating systems; mobile advertising and monetization; or mobile apps, games, and other services
* Experience working with international teams and driving consensus across multiple stakeholders with differing perspectives
* Subject matter expertise in one of the following areas: content moderation, intermediary liability, and consumer protection, competition policy and platform regulation, online consumer privacy, data protection, and security, or geopolitical trends affecting the technology sector
* Excellent leadership and communication skills
About the job
As a member of Google's Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you'll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You'll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you'll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You're passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
The Government Affairs and Public Policy organization leads Google's engagement with governments and relevant third parties in the formation and execution of public policy that benefits innovation and tech progress. As a member of our organization, you will help educate policymakers and key opinion formers, advise internal teams on the political landscape, and work across Google to develop coherent, strategic plans to support Google's public policy priorities. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business and technology intersect. The Platforms & Ecosystems team in Government Affairs & Public Policy works directly with the Android, Chrome, and Google Play product areas to advise on public policy issues platform regulation. We help set Google's public policy strategy for issues affecting our most important products, and we help tailor and execute that strategy all over the world. Our team's mission is to help Google responsibly navigate the social, political and economic issues of our time.
Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges. The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company's engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others' views and opinions, and distill and share the company's perspective on those issues with external stakeholders. While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
* Collaborate with cross-functional partners to create public policy strategies for Android, Google Chrome, and Google Play that support our global business objectives and drive pro-growth policy, legislative, and regulatory outcomes
* Balance a combination of forward-looking strategic projects and short-term responses to political flare-ups around the world
* Create written and visual materials advocating for our products, and train and coach Government Affairs and Public Policy teams around the world to tell our story to policymakers, regulators, and other important policy influencers
* Advise technology and business leaders in the Platforms & Ecosystems product area about the policy and political environment affecting our products#06022021