Security Risk Analyst, Trust & Safety
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 2 years of experience in data analysis, working with databases, and querying (e.g., Python, SQL, or other data or scripting language).
* Experience building datasets, designing and measuring metrics as well as data visualization/reporting.
* Internal audit or first line risk management experience.
* Experience with varied open source packages/platforms such as Python Pandas, NumPy, SciKit Learn; MapReduce, Tensorflow, etc.
* Analytics skills including a working knowledge of statistics, measurement, metric design, and machine learning.
* Excellent communication and relationship management skills with the ability to work with a wide variety of departments.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and navigate through ambiguity.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what's right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Security Risk Analyst in Trust and Safety, you will join a growing team tasked with ensuring key threats impacting information security, user protection, and trust in Google are anticipated early and managed effectively. A large part of the role will be focused on conducting ongoing detailed data analysis and risk assessments, this process involves analytics, statistics, reports, market trends, risk management policies, evaluating controls and protocols. You will dive deep to understand the scope and scale of the issue, develop detailed recommendations, and design innovative solutions to manage risks at scale. You'll stay informed about industry dynamics, and internal operations to determine if they present a risk and communicate timely solution based recommendations to executives.
At Google we work hard to earn our users' trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google's team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google's products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
* Map, understand, cleanse, normalize, and analyze large/complex sets of data to drive understanding and identification of risk factors in underlying processes.
* Assist in the design/implementation of solutions to simplify administration and maintenance of access to key Trust and Safety data sources and tools.
* Present recommendations and solutions to stakeholders of different levels through visual displays of quantitative information.
* Implement strategic plans to prevent, eliminate, and mitigate operational risks. Assist Operational Risk Analysts in development of key risk and control indicators.
* Coordinate with senior management in performing operational risk reviews. Track/monitor operational risk issues for business units. Investigate root causes of operational risks, develop operational risk policies, report operational risk issues to senior management on a regular basis.