Scaled Abuse Team Lead, Google Play
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Social Sciences, or equivalent practical experience.
* 7 years of experience in data and analytics.
* Experience with fraud, security and threat analysis in the context of Internet-related products/activities.
* Experience managing team members, coaching, supporting, and motivating the team to achieve quality results.
* 4 years of experience in statistical analysis and coding with Python and SQL/MySQL.
* Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to provide analysis and recommendations.
* Experience collaborating with Product Managers, Engineering, and cross-functional internal teams to influence product decisions and prioritization, and improve user experience for abuse-related challenges.
* Demonstrated leadership and self-direction with willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what's right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
The Scaled Abuse team sits at the intersection of providing analytics to our Engineering counterparts, to driving improvements in our risk classifiers as well as implementing abuse reduction strategies. As the team lead, you'll be asked to provide both technical insights as well as drive execution of new programs to reduce developer abuse and improve developer trust.
As the Lead for Scaled Abuse, you'll look forward to the ever evolving challenge of uncovering and reducing abuse within the Google Play ecosystem. You'll flex between discussing uncovering new signals to help the risk classifiers, to discussing the optimal treatment plan for the latest segment of developers that have been identified by your team. The impact of your work will extend beyond your immediate team as you will collaborate with teams outside Google Play to coordinate enforcement or leverage data sources provided by other teams.
At Google we work hard to earn our users' trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google's team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google's products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
* Develop and execute risk management strategy for the Google Play developer ecosystem in collaboration with Product and Engineering stakeholders.
* Represent team and function in front of wide variety of teams and stakeholders across Engineering, Policy, Analytics, and cross product abuse fighting teams.
* Lead, manage, and grow team of analysts, including setting, prioritizing, and delivering on team objective key results, identifying, and grooming talent.
* Work closely with product managers and engineers to identify opportunities for design, and assess improvements to Google products.