Revenue Systems Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Statistics or or equivalent practical experience
* SQL experience across multiple dialects
* Experience implementing and managing cloud-based business intelligence platforms and related analysis tools with data sets from various sources
* Experience with core finance revenue processes (order to cash and record to report); financial systems experience (Oracle, SAP, etc.)
* 4 years of industry experience
* Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, etc) to build data models and ETLs. Knowledge of relational databases or data warehouses (e.g., MySQL, BigQuery, etc.)
* Experience with best practices around designing dashboards, KPIs and business metrics
* Experience empathizing with and influencing others without direct line authority, and resolving conflict diplomatically in tense high-pressure situations
* Knowledge of US GAAP or experience with revenue recognition processes
* Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment and managing complex initiatives
About the job
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
You'll lead an accounting process from end-to-end. Other responsibilities include reconciling balance sheets and P&L accounts, and providing supplementary financial information for internal and external reports.
The Cloud Business Finance team is here to safeguard Google's investment in Cloud products and services. We enforce Alphabet's contracting policies nimbly and correctly. We help provide market trends to our Finance leaders. We accurately report our business growth and expenses on time.
The name Google came from 'googol,' a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
* Develop expertise to become a subject matter expert with respect to datasets relevant to the Cloud Business Finance Team. Leverage data to assess the effectiveness of current controls, and determine future improvements
* Develop processes, reports, and visualizations based on requirements provided by the Cloud Business Finance Team and engage with Cloud Financial Planning and Analysis and Engineering teams, as needed based on complexity
* Partner with teams across the organization in the creation of business cases and business requirements documents, provide User Acceptance Testing plans and drive testing requirements in line with business and finance requirements
* Partner closely with the Controllership team on accounting requirements for new system solutions including multiple element arrangements, term resets, upgrades, etc.
* Support the Controllership team to query system financial data and make sure all recorded activity is accurate and reconciled