Program Manager, Compliance and Risk
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
* 5 years of relevant work experience
* Experience in compliance, information security, IT audit, and/or risk management
* Demonstrated ability/experience to manage complex projects involving team members from multiple disciplines.
* Excellent project manager and self-starter, with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives at the same time.
* Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
About the job
A problem isn't truly solved until it's solved for all. That's why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you'll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish - working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us - and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Program Manager, Compliance and Risk in Server Operations, you will be part of a brand new Vendor Strategy, Governance and Infrastructure team reinventing the way the extended workforce is managed across the Technical Infrastructure product area. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team from the very beginning, innovate from scratch, and directly influence the operating model and team set up.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
* Provide thought leadership and develop and execute risk assessments; design and support implementation of mitigation strategies and programs to address key risks to the business.
* Influence and assist business or process owners to develop effective processes, policies, controls, and metrics that ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, policies, and standards. Close gaps in their controls and adopt processes that will help grow the business in a compliant manner.
* Execute on monitoring, testing, and related assessments of the compliance program.
* Coordinate with central compliance teams to ensure compliance programs in Technical Infrastructure are up to company-wide standards, and compliance trainings are delivered to and completed by all relevant employees.
* Develop vendor risk models and solvency assessments to ensure business continuity, security, and sustainability.#06022021