Product Marketing Manager, Project Starline
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
* 7 years of experience in product marketing, strategic consulting, or consumer marketing
* Experience in branding, messaging, marketing plan development, and product launches
* Outstanding track record shaping business roadmaps and marketing plans through deep consumer understanding, actionable insights, and sound recommendations
* Excellent project management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects or work streams
* Excellent written and verbal communication, spreadsheet software, presentation design, and people skills
* Outstanding creative judgement with an ability to develop, evaluate, and produce creative ideas
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
Project Starline from Google combines advances in hardware and software to enable friends, families, and co-workers to feel together, even when they're cities (or countries) apart. Imagine looking through a sort of magic window, and through that window, you see another person, life-size and in three dimensions.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you'll work closely with cross-functional leads, executive stakeholders, and the broader Google Marketing Team to shape and lead the marketing strategy, plan, and execution. You will drive and inform market opportunity analysis, product positioning, narrative, creative, brand, visioning, events, and activations.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Drive the marketing strategy, plan, and execution for Project Starline, collaborating closely with various teams (cross-functional teams, stakeholders, external agencies)
* Build broad ties across Google teams to identify synergies and amplify marketing efforts
* Lead annual and quarterly marketing planning and help define the vision and strategy
* Identify and develop key marketing operations and processes to improve overall organizational efficiency and effectiveness