Product Manager, Google Nest Displays
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
* 3 years of product management experience with technical products
* Experience working on consumer facing software products
* MBA (or equivalent business degree) or direct experience in business operations
* Familiarity with consumer hardware development lifecycles and ODM/CM working models
* Familiarity with mobile and consumer electronics technology stack, including media pipelines, networking, wireless, security, and cloud technologies
* Familiarity with computing, mobile operating systems, and software application development lifecycles
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to advocate initiatives internally and externally, and for effective communication with executive management and external partners
* Strong technical, analytical, and cross-functional collaboration skills
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
In this role, you will be a Product Manager who drives hardware and experience definitions for new home display devices. You will have the opportunity to help shape the future of Google's products for the helpful home, as well as how those products fit into the broader ambient computing ecosystem. You'll engage deeply on both technical and business problems, collaborating across a wide variety of functional partners including Engineering, UX, Industrial Design, User Research, Operations, Sales, Partnerships, Marketing and Finance. You'll launch products that solve problems and deliver distinctively great experiences in people's everyday lives.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
* Define the core product use cases for new devices in the portfolio -- informed by long-term product vision, technical capabilities, and market context -- working closely with other PMs and cross-functional partners to align on overall value proposition, product positioning, and portfolio strategy
* Work with Industrial Design, Product Design, and other stakeholders to develop the physical design of each device, ensuring that it fits into the user's home and effectively represents the Google brand
* Engage partners to help select hardware modules, reference designs, IP providers, and manufacturing sites
* Drive the overall commercial success of each product by helping identify significant business opportunities and facilitating alignment on decisions to trade off cost against feature set and design
* Help shape our investments in technology development and innovation to bring exciting new capabilities and experiences to our devices