Product Manager, Google Fi
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 3 years of product management experience with technical products.
* Experience driving elements of the product development lifecycle such as product vision, go-to-market strategy, driving requirements, and product launch.
* Data analytics experience.
* Networking or Telecommunications experience
* Demonstrated full product lifecycle experience with impactful launches
* Technically competent
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Fi is Google's mobile service, with a mission to make sure that everyone can get connected anywhere, anytime in a way that's easy, safe and private. We're re-envisioning how mobile operators should work - we want to make connectivity as simple and available as electricity. And doing it as the most private and secure carrier in the world.
The Google Fi team is spread across two offices (Mountain View, San Francisco) and fully remote folks, covering every function under the sun. We are especially cross-functional, and work tightly with many teams around Google.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
* Work on an incredibly complex space at the intersection of hardware (phones, watches, etc.), networks (cellular, Wi-Fi), and Android platform.
* Launch game-changing features like eSIM, private networking and others which may be picked up by the rest of the carrier ecosystem.
* Work out the next set of challenges for connectivity, devices and identity in a 5G, ambient-computing world.
* Get into the details, try something impossible, make simplicity out of complexity and be comfortable getting into business strategy.