Product Manager, Commerce
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 7 years of product management experience with technical products.
* Experience driving elements of the product development lifecycle such as product vision, go-to-market strategy, driving requirements, and product launch.
* Experience in working on eCommerce platforms.
* Advanced degree in a technology or business related field.
* Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
* Experience effectively working with multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance, or Marketing.
* Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Commerce team's mission is to build the best place for consumers to start their commerce journeys, and the best place for businesses to connect with consumers, regardless of where those journeys complete.
Shopping Consumer and Shopping Merchant teams focus on building delightful experiences that connect users, retailers and manufacturers, everywhere throughout their shopping journey. Travel team's mission is to be the trusted place where travelers go for the most useful information to make fast, effortless decisions.
Google aims to build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. As a Product Manager at Google, you could be working on new technologies, platforms, consumer facing products, and/or enterprise systems. The end goal will be to match you with the team that best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact.
* Understand markets, competition, and user requirements in depth.
* Launch new products and features, test their performance, and iterate quickly.
* Work collaboratively with Engineering, Marketing, Legal, UX, and other teams on cutting edge technologies.
* Develop solutions to problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions.