Product Manager, Better Together Connectivity & Communications Experiences
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
* 6 years of relevant work experience.
* Product management or design experience with a focus on software products and technologies
* Experience developing Internet products and technologies
* Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in a technical field (e.g., computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, etc.)
* 5 years of product management experience shipping consumer features and experiences that involve connectivity, hardware and software
* 5 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver features/experiences
* An understanding of current wireless technologies and services of related products or Interested in the mobile industry and working with a diverse ecosystem of partners.
* Excellent user experience intuition; demonstrated success in inventing innovative and user-friendly products. Excellent verbal and written communications skills
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
The Better Together team is focused on designing, building, and delivering the core framework and capabilities that enable devices across the Google device ecosystem to compound each other's value. Better Together sets the stage for a long-term ambient computing paradigm where the device fades into the background. We work with internal and external partners to build platforms and launch seamless connectivity solutions across the devices in the Google ecosystem, including phones, hearables, wearables, tablets, and laptop computers.
Lead the strategy and drive the roadmap for multi-device connectivity experiences, including cross-device calling and multi-device connectivity. This highly technical role will work with users, OEMs, and all different form factors and use cases up and down the entire connectivity stack.
Google aims to build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. As a Product Manager at Google, you could be working on new technologies, platforms, consumer facing products, and/or enterprise systems. The end goal will be to match you with the team that best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact.
* Define and execute the multi-device calling experience for Android and Pixel.
* Drive seamless connectivity experiences including instant hotspot and shared Wi-Fi credentials across nearly 3 billion Android devices.
* Work closely with core partners such as Messaging and Dialer teams to define the comms strategy for the Android platform and Pixel phones.