Partner Technology Manager, Emerging Markets, Android
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Experience with one or more programming languages (e.g., Java, C, C++, Python).
* Experience with one or more of the following: mobile device release management, mobile operating systems, Linux kernel / device drivers, Git/Gerrit, system integration, Android build system.
* Customer-facing experience, with experience helping drive complex customer technical activities.
* Experience in Android device, platform and application development.
About the job
The Android Partner Engineering team is the bridge between Google/Android software and Partners who use our software to develop mobile devices. The team works in a fast-paced technology-driven environment and is deeply engaged with OEMs, Carriers, chipset manufacturers and ODMs across the globe. Our aim is to ensure devices are secure and up-to-date and make Android the platform of choice with consumer and enterprise customers.
As a Technical Solutions Consultant (TSC) in Android Partner Engineering, you will be responsible for working with our global partners and third-party solution providers, introducing and deploying Android features, optimized implementations and integrations at scale. You will drive business opportunities and manage the overall technical aspects to build successful, long-term partnerships. You will have the opportunity to drive the technical partner engagement for our innovative projects.
* Provide technical support of Android device commercialization and deployments together with strategic partners in emerging markets.
* Help with system integration, source code, build, release and collaboration management, device troubleshooting and optimization.
* Introduce and deploy Android related features and technologies, with external partners (carriers and OEMs), in close collaboration with Android Product Managers/Engineers.
* Perform implementation reviews, advocate new product features, and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of technical challenges.
* Improve product feature offerings by providing partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams including Product Management, Business Development and Software Engineering.