Global Consumer Research Manager, Platforms and Ecosystems Marketing
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 4 years of research experience.
* Experience with a several research methodologies and when to apply them in the product life cycle, and experience with strategic research contributions.
* Experience building solid cross-functional partnerships.
* Experience working with qualitative and quantitative research agencies.
* Experience with platform/system research.
* Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Global Consumer Research Manager, you will be focused on equipping the organization with consumer and data-driven insights that will shape the marketing strategy for Google products. Your research will inform future marketing strategy and help consumers make better decisions.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Identify insights via the execution of innovative, unique, and compelling research studies to help products in the Platforms and Ecosystems portfolio drive brand and sales impact through marketing.
* Lead the design and implementation of marketing research, analyze data and develop actionable insights and recommendations from research, and communicate research findings to project stakeholders.
* Translate findings into meaningful strategies and communicate recommendations and go-to-market strategies to iteratively improve the marketing.
* Collaborate with marketing, product, design and quantitative functions to identify and execute qualitative and quantitative research that will influence the marketing direction.
* Identify new opportunities for high-impact research and execute on them.