Financial Analyst, Incentives Finance
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or equivalent practical experience.
* 4 years of relevant work experience in financial planning and analysis, corporate finance, accounting, or similar.
* Experience writing SQL queries and retrieving data from relational databases.
* Experience leading projects and creating insights to influence key stakeholders.
* Experience in agreements or incentives finance and governance.
* Experience in international business, working across multiple markets and currencies.
* Exemplary verbal and written communication skills with experience of effectively partnering with technical, business, and operations colleagues.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
Google's Ads Finance team ensures that Google makes sound financial decisions. We balance the roles of trusted advisor and guardian to reveal opportunity, manage risk, and optimize investment across industries and products. We are strategic partners to business leaders across Sales and Product and drive impact through a grounding in hard data, an independent point of view, a bias to action, a collaborative approach, and a focus on the development of our people.
In this role, you'll lead finance/analytical projects to surface insights on key business drivers and make strategic recommendations to sales partners. You'll develop thoughtful and innovative ways to examine business situations, enabling you to provide new perspective on the business. You will present findings concisely, and you will advocate big ideas informed by analytics.
The name Google came from 'googol,' a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
* Partner with regional business leads to evaluate performance of agreements in driving outsized growth and positive return on investment for our business.
* Lead projects to surface insights and make recommendations to business leaders on how to better structure our incentives programs for long-term success.
* Model performance across multiple markets and agreement structures in order to appropriately allocate and steward Google's media incentives funds across the Americas region.
* Evaluate and approve/deny requests for payment exceptions to ensure Google policies are consistently adhered to.