Financial Analyst, Global Ads Finance
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
* 4 years of experience with quantitative data analysis.
* Experience in manipulating data sets using SQL or another programming/scripting language.
* Experience with one or more programming languages (Python, Java, C++, etc.).
* Experience with building data infrastructure (e.g., designing architecture, building data pipelines, implementing scalable monitoring) and implementing reporting solutions.
* Experience writing and maintaining extract, transform, and load scripts (ETLs) which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources.
* Experience in leadership with complex strategic and operational initiatives, across multiple products, functions, and geographies.
* Understanding of built in technologies and their application, including SQL-based database warehousing and dashboarding experience.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
The Global Ads Finance team manages a broad set of responsibilities, including global forecasting, reporting and analysis, Ads Profit and Loss management, productivity measurement, annual plan ownership, and ad-hoc analysis for sales executives.
As a key member of this team, you will focus on Google's goal process, leading important analysis, and driving transformational changes. You have excellent data analysis skills and will be well versed in financial/statistical modeling. You will be an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents. You will also be a time manager, able to prioritize and move at pace through process work while creating space for original thinking and analysis.
The name Google came from 'googol,' a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
* Analyze investment strategy across the Global Sales organization and productionalize current investment analysis frameworks.
* Own strategy for shared operational expenditure infrastructure for the Central Finance team (eg; code base, business intelligence stack), and continually innovate on infrastructure for the analyst community to utilize.
* Design and iteratively launch data architecture, reporting and visualizations that improve strategic and operational decision making.