Digital Solutions Engineering Lead, Cloud Solutions Studio
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
* 10 years of experience in cloud computing (applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms and data), as well as cloud market and competitive dynamics.
* Experience in leading projects and teams in a presales or professional services.
* Knowledge and experience with design thinking and digital transformation approaches and projects.
* Startup-minded leadership experience.
* Experience in building brand new teams and functions in large complex organizations.
* Ability to effectively present to both technical and non-technical audiences, engaging C-Level in business and technology transformation.
About the job
The Solutions Engineering organization inside Google Cloud owns the mission of driving repeatable solutions selling and adoption with customers with similar digital transformation challenges and objectives.
Inside the Solutions Engineering organization is the Cloud Solutions Studio (CSS), which is the design thinking arm of Google Cloud where we design, engineer and deliver digital transformation solutions to our customers across all industries that are looking at reimagining their businesses and their customer/user experiences.
Inside CSS, we make it our mission to translate Google Cloud and Alphabet assets and technologies into relevant and meaningful value for our end users and customers in brick and mortar industries (such as retailers, healthcare providers, government agencies, banks and other traditional institutions) with real human-centric narratives, demos, prototypes and other solution (technical and non-technical) assets and engagements.
In this technical leadership role, you'll be focused on developing, designing and delivering digital transformation focused solutions into live working showcases (i.e. with live front and backends) that demonstrate the power of using Google's Cloud, AI, Workspace and Industry-specific packaged solutions. You can work well in cross-functional and cross-discipline engineering projects to rapidly develop engineering solutions using Agile and DevOps-based methods, processes and systems to convert user-centric narratives and designs into working code and packaged into well documented workshop assets that our field customer engineers can scale to their customers.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
* Lead the CSS team's demo engineering strategy, processes and tooling for converting user-centered designs/narratives into technical demos and solutions.
* Create a DevOps strategy for CSS to orchestrate and automate our lifecycle of converting innovative ideas into deployable and demonstrable solutions running on Google Cloud.
* Manage solution engineering projects with Googlers and vendors to ensure quality and timely delivery of our assets to our field sellers and customers.
* Create POC assets and kits to accelerate our ability to prove and pilot our solutions with customers for rapid consumption and scaling.
* Work closely with product development and PM functions to understand product gaps and solve them with CSS developed code that can then be driven back into product roadmaps.