Communications Manager, Google Cloud Security
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
* 2 years of experience in an agency, security, or corporate communications role
* Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work effectively, cross-functionally, and creatively to solve problems
* Understanding of the cloud industry, security issues, policy and regulatory environments, and the impacts on technology companies
* Existing and developed media relationships (e.g. security and cloud reporters)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
In this role, you'll work with our product, policy, legal, and marketing teams to help manage external communications for Google Cloud security products. You will be at the forefront of security launches and issues related to cloud, and will help shape communications and our strategy.
You'll work with agency partners to secure strategic media coverage, as well as with security journalists and influencers, to advance our narrative in the market. You'll bring an understanding of enterprise cloud computing and security expertise to lead launches, plan campaigns, and respond to issues.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, Communications, Marketing, Product, and beyond.
* Craft and execute external communication strategies on cloud security topics, with a focus on product and partners.
* Manage events, product launches, and moments to tell our security story.
* Manage press interests and stories about Google Cloud security.
* Be a strategic thought partner, bringing people together. Partner effectively with internal teams across the organization to develop relationships with key stakeholders.
* Work with cross-functional partners and teams (e.g., Product Leadership, Go-To-Market, Policy, Marketing, Trust and Safety, Legal, and Engineering) to make complex concepts easy-to-understand in communications.