Communications Coordinator, Devices and Services
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 3 years of experience with in-house or agency public relations, or corporate communications.
* Experience thinking, planning, and executing multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
* Experience working calmly and maintaining good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments while escalating appropriately.
* Ability to be creative in proactive and reactive communications approaches.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications and Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We're looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, Communications, Marketing, Product, and beyond.
* Provide public relations support for Pixel phones and devices, new product launches, feature updates, partner announcements and ongoing reviews programs.
* Secure media coverage by proactively pitching relevant stories, working with Product to uncover newsworthy storylines. Manage our agency's proactive pitching efforts and work with our shipping agency to distribute devices/manage inventory.
* Manage press kits and press materials across products, including drafting materials for new products/features, ensuring that existing product materials are accurate.
* Manage issues that may bubble up to press and work with the Product, Legal, Product Planning and Marketing teams, and draft the corresponding communications.
* Own team reporting and measurement efforts, manage the agency's creation and distribution of the widely-read weekly coverage roundup.