Cloud Reporting Controller
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, or other professional accounting accreditation.
* 15 years of experience working for a public accounting firm.
* Accounting experience within a technology organization.
* Experience building and maintaining offshore accounting resources.
* Experience working with SAP ERP systems.
About the job
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. You know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team become more efficient and effective. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and pitch in where needed. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support business objectives.
As a Cloud Reporting Controller, you will accelerate Cloud growth, act as a trusted advisor, and guide the business to make decisions that balance risk.
The name Google came from 'googol,' a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
* Oversee accounting close and reporting process for Cloud Controllership (e.g., business cost, operating expenses, full profit and loss, and balance sheet review).
* Scale the accounting and reporting function to balance the mitigation, financial statement risk, and enablement of cloud business growth.
* Lead the accounting team in monthly accounting close, review of analyses, journal entries, and reconciliations review.
* Drive and scale the commission accrual and business process.