Brand Strategist, Google Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
* 6 years of experience in brand, marketing, and business building roles.
* Experience in strategy, brand building, and project management.
* Experience analyzing and translating data into insights and product features.
* Experience developing creative campaigns, reviewing creative, directing agency partners, developing toolkits, and executing brand marketing tactics.
* Experience translating breakthrough brand strategies to brand portfolio strategies, brand architectures, and brand systems.
* Understanding of brand architecture, brand development, brand management, insights development, and marketing processes.
* Ability to communicate effectively, convey strategy, manage objections, and work collaboratively with a variety of teams.
* Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with a diverse range of partners and influence at multiple levels of the organization.
* Strategic mindset and creative approach, comfortable with technical products and topics.
About the job
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
In this role, you will shape brand marketing decisions and develop core positioning and messaging with the objective of creating beautiful and intuitive brand platforms, campaigns, and stories. You will work cross-functionally and partner with creative teams to develop brand standards and systems along with executing our core awareness, engagement, and business goals.
You will be responsible for all aspects of core brand strategy and marketing including insights development, research, and the development of brand standards. You will track and report how our brand performs and present insights and recommendations to advance our core mission and goals. You will also work closely with Product Marketing and the Brand team to help develop briefs for our partnerships and campaigns.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
* Define the Google Assistant brand by developing and adapting global brand guidelines. Ensure Google Assistant branding strategy alignment across the company.
* Create the long-term brand roadmap for Google Assistant, aligning cross-functional stakeholders from Product, UX, and Marketing. Influence how this roadmap shows up in product.
* Gather user insights, define user segments, and identify brand trends, acting as a primary point of contact for brand and user insights for our Marketing, Product, and UX teams.
* Partner effectively with Product Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams and Regional Marketing stakeholders to orchestrate go-to-market strategies and creative briefs that deliver exceptional experiences.
* Develop our brand strategy, platform, and guidelines to ensure all brand messages effectively capture the Google brand style and drive goals.