Employment Type: Full-Time
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* 2 years of experience in consulting or sales at a technology or media company.
* Advanced degree in technical or quantitative field.
* Experience in consumer internet and media industries.
* Experience communicating and influencing a range of audiences, including executives.
* Experience in coding (e.g., MATLAB, R, Python or Java) and familiarity with SQL.
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, and excellent business judgment.
* Excellent financial modeling, spreadsheet software, and presentation software skills.
About the job
The YouTube Strategy, Business Operations, Analytics, and Finance (SBAF) team's mission is to make YouTube commercially sustainable and valuable, by identifying and steering the business towards the opportunities, guiding the organization to make decisions, and enabling effective implementation and operations, with proactive and trusted risk management.
The SBAF team works closely with YouTube and Google Finance leadership across the product, engineering, and business organizations to address challenges and opportunities across the company, help plan the long-term direction and financial health of YouTube, and provide analytics and decision support.
SBAF is a multi-specialist team, with several specialist capabilities across all four pillars of the team: Strategy (i.e., CEO Office and Corporate Strategy, Product and Business Strategy, etc.), Business Operations (i.e., Global, AMER, EMEA, APAC), Analytics and Decision Support (i.e., Data Infrastructure, Commercial Analytics, etc.), and Finance (i.e., Core Business, Business Controllership, etc.).
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
* Work on priorities of YouTube's executives to determine opportunities and solve problems.
* Structure, launch, and drive work streams by developing hypotheses, translating hypotheses into work plans, and conducting analysis (e.g., financial models, analyzing market trends, business drivers, and operating goals).
* Prepare presentations and communicate findings to the organization, including executives.
* Work with cross-functional teams to align on recommendations, financial and headcount investment needs, launch plans, and manage project ownership.