Algorithm Architect, Hearables
Employment Type: Full-Time
* Master's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Physics or similar field, or equivalent practical experience.
* 8 years of relevant experience in audio design or closely related field.
* Experience with digital signal processing theory.
* Experience with modeling and simulating acoustic systems or transmission line systems.
* PhD degree in Engineering, Physics, or similar field.
* Track record in developing real time algorithms for audio or control system solutions.
* Strong background in control theory and passion for audio.
* Skilled at audio and acoustic measurements using standard equipment from SoundCheck, Audio Precision, Bruel & Kjaer, or Klippel.
About the job
You are a smart and highly motivated engineer who will help design the next generation of technologies that can control/modify the perceived sound field. This role will include acoustic modeling, algorithm design, and system design. A strong expertise in signal processing theory and acoustic modeling or transmission line modeling are required for this role. You will be working on architecting and prototyping new technology solutions, with a focus on innovating solutions to take the many unsolved problems in this field. You will be working in a small team that is focused on innovation and pushing the boundaries of what is possible with audio. The job will span a wide range from theoretical work, simulations, lab testing, and prototyping with focus on fast iteration and testing of new ideas.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
* Develop models for acoustic simulations of systems for hearables/wearables.
* Develop measurement methodologies and experiments to gain deeper insight into behavior of acoustic systems for hearables/wearables.
* Use insights gained from simulations and measurements to design novel algorithms and system solutions, taking into account real product constraints.
* Participate in designing and evaluation of prototypes implementing new design concepts.
* Interact cross-functionally with others teams and bring new ideas to the table.