Roll Press Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Roll Press Assistant
San Jose, California United States
Shift: Shift 1 - Day
Job code: 02FLX25
Who Are We?
GMN is an international custom manufacturing company that designs and produces amazing products for companies like Google, Microsoft, Ford, Welch Allyn, John Deere, Boeing and many more. We're passionate about serving our customers to the fullest, while continuously growing, learning, and innovating. We want talent that reflects and embraces these core values. Talent that is agile and excited to try new ideas and believes collaboration is the key to achieving exceptional results.
At GMN, we value a culture of collaboration, teamwork, and service. Many of our employees say it is the family culture that keeps them excited about coming to work every day. We are proud that the average tenure of our employees is well over 10 years. We also offer competitive compensation/benefits and career growth opportunities. Benefits include:
* Excellent PTO Package
* Paid Holidays
* Short Term/Long Term Disability
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Life Insurance
What Will You Do?
Assist Roll Label Operators in the following areas:
* Receive production work orders/ job assignments from area manager or lead and forward in a timely manner to operator as required for processing of the work.
* Read job tickets to ensure the proper printing plates are being made for the corresponding work order and notify the lead if it is the wrong job ticket
* Gather all the proper materials, tooling , inks, plates, and other job essential components as instructed in the job ticket and place on the correct press station staging table. Verify that all items correspond with the work order.
* Using the appropriate process(es), assist in cleaning up of the job order so that the operator can go to his next job order, using and disposing of the proper chemicals, rags, etc., Use appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as needed and called for by the task Work Instructions.
* Once job order is complete; file and properly storing in a timely manner, all items required to produce the job as these items will be used for future job orders
* Sign and date the job order ticket on the job function performed·
* Keep appropriate levels of inventory of materials in both the press room and plate area using inventory control procedures as provided and ensuring the inventory areas is safe, organized, and clean.
The GMN Production team has an opening for the critical position of Roll Press Assistant. Our Production team is nimble, innovative, resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer's personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity, and…
What Is This Role?
The GMN Production team has an opening for the critical position of Roll Press Assistant.
Our Production team is nimble, innovative, resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer's personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity, and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve, and implement meaningful changes. We are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience!
Roll Press Assistant is responsible for assisting all press operators in the staging and clean-up of the daily work order assignments, making printing plates, and maintaining all press room and plate room supplies.
Who are You?
At GMN, we are looking for talent that believes in and strives for excellence and reflects and embraces GMN's core values. Talent that is excited to try new ideas and agile enough to course correct if those ideas don't work out.
The best fit for this success driven team is someone with the ability to remain organized and flexible in a rapidly changing environment, is reliable, has excellent communication skills, and is driven to provide high quality results.
If this sounds like you, read on…
What Qualifications Will You Need?
* High school diploma or GED
* Demonstrated ability to use a PC and familiar with MS Office products (including Word and Excel). Preferred experience desired with time keeping systems, production paperwork, and production ticketing systems.
* Strong attention to detail with a focus on quality at all times
* Able to sit or stand for long periods of time
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good math and analytical skills
* Good decision making skills
* Ability to plan and organize work activities with a focus on efficiency.
* Ability to work under time constraints with changing priorities
* Must be able to follow directions and work in a team environment
* Must be able to subscribe to GM Nameplate's Values and Measurable Behavior
* Must be available to work 6:00 AM to 2:30