Oncology Account Manager- Solid Tumor- Sacramento, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Site Name: USA - California - Sacramento
Posted Date: Mar 31 2021
Oncology is a core area of intensive focus at GSK, and while much progress has been made in the past few years, more can be done to REDEFINE EXPECTATIONS in cancer care. As we look to redefine expectations in oncology, we need experienced, entrepreneurial-minded leaders to help us on this journey.
Are you an experienced Oncology Sales Professional looking to be part of an innovative, dynamic and growing organization? GSK's US Oncology team is looking for Oncology Account Managers to manage the sales and business activities within a defined geographical business area. Key to this position is the ability to drive sales, leverage customer relationships and impact a variety of customer segments. This includes the design and implementation of business plans intended to increase revenue from targeted customers based upon strategic business analysis. You will understand and leverage roles and responsibilities of the cross functional team to drive sales results. These partners include Marketing, Medical Affairs, Market Access and Commercial Operations. Ideal candidates will have a deep knowledge of customers and accounts within oncology, as well as the local dynamics that influence business in their area.
Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn't be clearer - we are fueled by a personal passion to give our customers and our patients MORE. More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter!
This role will provide/gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
* Accountable for driving area sales results and ensuring open patient access to GSK therapies
* Develop and execute area business plans
* Identify and apply resources to the development of key prescribers/key account drivers within area
* Engage proactively with key customers and account groups to ensure the promotion of both GSK therapies and company image
* Work cross functionally to maximize brand availability and exposure within key accounts
* Work collaboratively with team and Regional Sales Director to ensure successful launch and/or ongoing promotion of branded products
* Engage with Regional Sales Director and cross functional partners on the development of programs and activities that will result in increased access to customers
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
* Bachelor level degree
* Minimum 8 years of pharmaceutical sales experience
* Track record of proven sales success in consecutive years
* Please note candidates with 0-3 years of Oncology Sales experience will be hired at the Account Manager level, anyone with more than 3 years of Oncology Sales Experience will be hired as a Senior Account Manager.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
* Minimum of 3 years of Oncology sales and/or Specialty sales experience
* Product marketing, specialty pharmacy, payer and state society experience a plus
* Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation and priority-setting in order to complete assignments on-time and on-budget
* Proven ability to think strategically and work with a high level of integrity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with all levels of management and departments within the company.
As GSK Focuses On Our Values And Expectations And a Culture Of Innovation, Performance, And Trust, The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate The Following Capabilities
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
* Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
* Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
* Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
* Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
* Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.