Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description Revised: April 2019
Reports To: Batching Lead
Location: Corona, CA
Pay Status: Non-Exempt
Backed up By: Batching Lead
Blend or mix raw ingredients to batch specifications. Operate blending equipment to achieve proper mixing. Perform cleaning/sanitation within batching and processing areas.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities (not restrictive)
* Follow all safety measures and precautions and maintain and excellent safety record. This includes the wearing of required PPE's and keeping all required safety equipment in good condition.
* Comply with all company policies, procedures, GMP's, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Aseptic Code of Safe Practices.
* Verify/reconcile batching kits before beginning the batching process; check batch specifications to ensure correct raw materials are being used and lot reconciliations are correct
* Verify state of raw materials before batching
* Pump ingredients from various container types, convey and mix powders from various container types, convey and blend liquids from various container types.
* Chip frozen materials from various container types
* Blend, mix, and shear ingredients utilizing a variety of mixing equipment
* Operate machinery from HMI's and panels
* Follow batching card instructions (SOPs)
* Legibly record steps of the batching process on batching instructions
* Calculate and record water additions during batching process
* Check batch specification to ensure it is within quality specification using analytical laboratory equipment
* Remove packaging materials from production floors upon batch completion
* Perform equipment change overs, flow board changes, etc.
* Perform trouble shooting and minor equipment repairs
* Perform master sanitation activities as described in the Master sanitation schedule document
* Follow written and oral instructions from supervisors and management
* Ensure that down time tracking and lot information is completed accurately and in a timely manner
* Run equipment within centerline. Be aware of machine functions and surroundings in order to detect any malfunctions or problems. Work with maintenance team to find and correct any mechanical problems.
* Take an active role in contributing to continuous operational improvements
* Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Minimum of 1 year of experience in food manufacturing environment or equivalent type of manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Possess current forklift certification
* Ability to interpret graphs/trends and compute rate, ratios, proportions, and percentages.
* Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
* Ability to repeatedly bend over, carry, lift, hold, kneel/stoop, crouch, extend arms overhead, move production equipment and raw materials, climb, balance, and use finite finger dexterity throughout shift
* Stand on feet for full shift outside of breaks
* Be able to repeatedly operate air pumps, dump container contents, move equipment, etc.
* Repeatedly move and lift various objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Work in loud environment.
* Exposure to wet, hot, or humid environments.
* Ability to work with amino acids, vitamins and fine chemicals in powder and liquid form as well as allergen products.
Language, Computer & Numeracy:
* Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written in English
Typical Physical Activity
* Regularly involves talking or listening, sitting, and the use of hands and fingers.
* Regularly involves going up and down stairs.
* Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms, standing and walking.
* Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
* Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds.
* Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
* Involves moderate physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
* Should be able to identify and distinguish colors, see clearly at 20 inches or closer and 20 feet or more, observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point, judge distances and spatial relationships, and adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
Typical Environmental Conditions
* May be exposed to moderate noise levels (i.e. office equipment, light traffic).
* May be exposed to moderate to high noise levels (i.e. production equipment, forklifts, heavy traffic).
* May be exposed to humidity, intense heat and cold, outdoor weather conditions, and fumes and toxic chemicals.
* May work in areas with mechanical moving parts, above ground with risk of fall, or areas with risk of electrical shock.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Nearest Major Market: Corona
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles