Employment Type: Full-Time
The Talent Acquisition Specialist (Recruiter) is responsible for meeting current and future staffing needs. This includes full cycle recruiting duties, gathering market intelligence, employing a variety of sourcing strategies, partnering with leadership to project future needs, guiding the selection process, and measuring the effectiveness of recruiting strategies. You will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent. This role will support multiple divisions but primarily be focused on filling needs for Gilbane's Federal and Western divisions. Due to the ongoing pandemic this role will start off virtually but will eventually sit in any of our Western/Federal offices - Englewood, CO, Phoenix, AZ, San Jose, CA, Concord, CA, Irvine, CA or Los Angeles, CA other locations where Gilbane has a presence will be considered for the right candidate.
Who are we?
As a Top-10 ENR Contractor, Gilbane is a team of world class people building remarkable communities. A family-owned business with 45 offices across the globe, we have been shaping communities since 1870. Consistently recognized as one of the most reputable construction management firms in the U.S., Gilbane is committed to delivering projects safely and on-time. You will support an organization that builds schools, labs, hospitals, corporate offices, sports arenas and more!
Who are you?
You're an action-oriented, organized self-starter who can develop strong, collaborative partnerships with teammates, business leaders, and employees across the organization. You're an engaging, inclusive communicator that exercises sound judgment and operates with a high level of professionalism and discretion. You seek to understand business needs to create effective hiring plans and build talent networks and pipelines. You're a fast learner with a 'figure it out' mentality that will be utilized as we recruit for new geographies, market sectors and delivery methods.
Your core values match Gilbane's: Integrity, Teamwork, Toughmindedness, Dedication to Excellence, Discipline, Loyalty, Caring, and Entrepreneurship.
* Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
* Takes a consultative approach, collaborating with Hiring Managers to develop recruiting & selection strategies
* Builds targeted pipelines that draw a high-quality, diverse applicant pools to meet upcoming needs and maintains regular contact with possible future candidates
* Promotes diverse candidates
* Knows the current events of local/national/international competitors, bringing market intel to Hiring Managers and leveraging it in the recruiting approach
* Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
* Leads the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position and conducts regular follow-ups with hiring managers and HR Business Partners to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
* Continually evaluates what's working and not, and changes approach to get results
* Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
* Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the applicant tracking system and post openings in other appropriate venues
* Manage the use of external recruiters and headhunters
* Be an ambassador for Gilbane's employer brand both internally and externally
* Create contacts within the A/E/C industry and attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings
* Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
* BS or MS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or similar
* 5+ years of hands-on recruiting experience
* 1+ years Federal recruiting (engineering/construction) experience
* Prior experience recruiting for US Territories (Guam, CNMI) or the Middle East
* Experience in the Construction, Architecture or Engineering fields and international experience is strongly preferred
* Experience recruiting for positions requiring US government clearance (i.e. secret, top secret) beneficial
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Understanding of recruiting principles and best practices
* Demonstrated understanding of the California construction marketplace, including sub-regional markets, is highly preferred.
* Strong listening and facilitation skills, with the ability to gain group consensus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
* Ability to readily adjust approach to accommodate changing situations and respond resourcefully to new demands or circumstances
* Ability to prioritize a demanding requisition load
* Self-motivated, flexible and thrives in a fast-paced environment
* Highly organized, with ability to lead and manage multiple simultaneous requisitions and internal team initiatives
* Understanding of industry trends and issues, competitive differentiators and key customer concerns
* Ability to work in a team environment, build strong relationships, influence without direct authority, and build credibility and confidence at all levels
* Ability to track and report on progress for a portfolio of job requisitions
* Proficient in Applicant Tracking Systems such as ICIMS, LinkedIn and other sourcing tools, and data analytics tools
* Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment including but not limited to OFCCP, EEO/AAP/VETS requirements.
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees' education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test. Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.