Employment Type: Full-Time
Gigamon, a leader in Intelligent Traffic Visibility Solutions is looking for an NPI Purchasing Program Manager who will act as the purchasing lead to commercialize new products, interfacing with the supply base and internal customers, spanning multiple groups, including New Product Development, NPI Engineering, NPI Supplier Engineering, Planning and Operations.
* Plan, schedule and manage various purchased materials for new programs.
* Support program/s from prototype phase through ramp of production.
* Effectively communicate material requirements and program timelines/milestones to external suppliers.
* Work with external suppliers to establish the appropriate delivery schedules for individual components, specifying quantity and frequency targeting on-time delivery; coordinate with Supply Chain team and Logistics as needed.
* Identify supply chain risks and mitigation steps to ensure material availability. Work closely with Engineering teams to identify replacement or substitute parts.
* Works with engineering and commodity management to establish new-part lead times, understand long-lead drivers and develop lead time mitigation strategies
* Communicate status and risks regularly to various internal teams.
* Ensure BOM accuracy by working with engineering, Operations and document control team.
* MRP procurement tasks for Optics and Contract Manufacturing build to print products.
* Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to drive to closure.
* Must have experience working with cross-functional teams to successfully introduce new products.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Perform regular requests for quotations and analyze quotes/cost as required to achieve material cost targets prior to production release.
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand is required.
* Responsible for resolving discrepancies between cost targets and quoted costs.
* BS/BA in Supply Chain, Operations Management, or other related field is preferred.
* 5-7 years related experience in materials management and purchasing.
* Strong analytical skills, including data mining, Excel (graph's, pivot tables, v-look up's, conditional formatting etc.) Power Point and other Office tools.
* Ability to optimize delivery costs and inventory levels.
* Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software & D365 enterprise system.