Associate, Special Opportunities Group
Employment Type: Full-Time
GIC Private Equity Special Opportunities Group
GIC is a private company established in 1981 to invest the Government of Singapore's reserves. Today, we are one of the world's largest investment firms, managing well over US$100 billion across multiple asset classes. We have a team of 1,400 people in 10 offices spanning the globe. GIC has a long-term, value-oriented investment philosophy.
The candidate will work as part of a small team with a global mandate focused on defensive, uncorrelated, and dislocation-triggered investments across asset classes. These include stressed/distressed debt, real assets, royalties, insurance, structured credit and opportunistic special situations.
As this is a growing strategy for GIC, the candidate will have a unique opportunity to help research and develop investment themes. The role will require strong quantitative and interpersonal skills. The candidate will have significant responsibilities around meeting and developing relationships with funds and companies, in addition to investment underwriting and selection.
The role will be based in either San Francisco or New York, and the candidate will be fully integrated with GIC's private equity and private debt groups.
* Participate in all aspects of the underwriting process for direct investments and co-investments. Due diligence will involve evaluating key risk/return drivers, market dynamics, historical and projected financial performance, management teams, capital structures and deal terms
* Participate in all aspects of the underwriting process for fund investments. Due diligence will involve evaluating the fund manager's strategy, track record, investment and execution capabilities, as well as culture and alignment. It will involve meeting and appraising senior management at top investment firms
* Develop investment themes and strategy
* Monitor macro environment and portfolio performance
* 2-4 years of work experience at an investment bank, buy-side firm, or consulting firm
* Strong quantitative skills and proficient in financial modelling
* Responsible, proactive and intellectually curious
* Prior experience and/or interest in the investment mandate is a plus
Our PRIME Values
Our PRIME Values
GIC is a values driven organization. GIC's PRIME Values act as our compass, enabling us to fulfil our fundamental purpose and objectives. It is the foundational bedrock which governs our behaviors, our decision making, and our focus. It informs both our long-term strategy as a firm, and the way we relate to our Client, business partners and employees. PRIME stands for Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence.