Water Lead- Southern California
Compensation: $107,300.00 - $159,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of Water, Energy and Resources, Environment, Property and Buildings, and Transportation. Privately owned by our people
, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on crafting lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics. Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Due to continued rapid growth and expansion of the water group in the Southern California area, we are seeking a Water Lead in either Irvine or Los Angeles,
to continue our expansion of a highly successful group. You will be a leader within our water practice in California and will work collaboratively with our Regional Water leadership, and our global Water Practice to expand our market position in the Southern California area, as well as lead and develop our technical resources and capabilities. Proven track record in project execution and marketing with the following desired experience profile:Business Development & Client Service Skills:
- Manage GHD’s client contact plan for key project positioning efforts
- Lead project capture plans, coordination of proposal preparation and activities
- Participation at client functions, social events and conferences in networking with existing and emerging client contacts
- Assist in critical California water business development initiatives
Project Management responsibilities include:
- Provide hands-on technical guidance to engineers and technical staff in delivering ongoing municipal, water and wastewater projects
- Mentorship of project engineers and designers in the development of their engineering and design skills
- Apply proven experience on municipal infrastructure projects to complete preliminary and detailed design of storm and sanitary sewer collection systems, water supply, distribution and storage systems, pumping stations, recycled water facilities, potable water and wastewater treatment facilities, and desalination plants.
- Provide guidance and QA/QC on all engineering design, calculations, design briefs and technical reports for municipal infrastructure, master plans, environmental assessments, and detailed design projects
- Promote corporate participation at technical conferences and provide senior guidance and review for key technical conference papers generation
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Client relationship management for all active projects
- Serve as a Senior Project Manager for our more complex and larger multi-disciplined water and wastewater projects in the Southern California Area
- Provide senior leadership and expertise support on water and wastewater project opportunities across North America
- Project Controls Management including Scope, Time, Financial, Change, Risk, QA/QC
- Workload forecasting tool for staff resources and estimate-to-complete for all active projects on a monthly basis
- Attend scheduled Project Management meetings to discuss project resource needs and conflicts, unbilled and aging accounts receivables, and proposal activity
- Mentorship of project managers and project engineers in the development of their project management skills as they proceed through the project management career path
- University Engineering Degree
- Licensed Engineering Professional in the State of California
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in Project Management, design and construction of water and wastewater infrastructure projects
- Having a well-established client base throughout the Southern California Area
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Excellent people leadership and mentoring skills
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce.
GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.