System Deployment Developer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
System Deployment Developer needed --- Location: Jet Propulsion Laboratory --- Pasadena, CA
Raytheon/JPL is looking for a System Deployment Developer to support exciting projects with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in Pasadena, CA. You will work for GeoLogics Corporation onsite at the JPL offices in Pasadena, CA. This is a long-term contract position and the hourly rate isOPEN.
You must be a US Citizen or a current Green Card holder to apply.Job Requirements:
· Knowledge of, and experience with, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) systems like Puppet (required), Ansible, Chef, etc.
· Experience with programming using Python will be necessary.
· Able to quickly develop solid understanding of application configuration steps from documentation, software developer and tester inputs, as well as other environmental information
· Experience developing tools for automated deployment of systems, including provisioning of virtual machines and configuring software
· Experience in developing high-quality software in minimal iterations – including design, development, unit testing, and clear product documentation
· Ability to adhere to a shifting schedule for competing development tasks and to clearly and objectively report status, issues, and needs for task completion
· Ability to collaborate effectively with multiple teams to achieve successful products
· Experience working in the following Infrastructure Environments:
o VMWare VSphere/ESXi
o Amazon AWS
o Other Cloud provider experience is welcome
· Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and technologies
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other related discipline and at least 4 years of related experience.
If interested in learning more about this position, please email your resume to KDunkin@geologics.com and I will call back with more information.