Employment Type: Full-Time
The Firmwide Data Platform Studio is a global, diverse and multidisciplinary team working across all aspects of the Firm's data communities and systems of record. We are committed to providing innovative data solutions to support firm operations.
The Data Platform Studio is looking for an experienced Tableau Developer to work with the Reporting Team. This position is responsible for data visualization solutions which provides insights for Gensler's internal teams and organizational reporting needs. You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of reporting solutions including research, design, development, testing, documentation, implementation, and training & support. The perfect candidate will work effectively in a team environment and is able to interact / communicate with all levels of management.
What You Will Do
* Tableau design, development and process documentation to produce required reporting, analytics, and visualization deliverables
* Communicate with internal clients to develop and translate a business requirement into an effective and insightful interactive analytical dashboard
* Quickly and effectively diagnose and respond to service desk requests regarding data integrity and functional or interactive issues in existing and future dashboards
* Promote and contribute to the overall strategy and vision of Tableau design and development practices at the firm
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer science or equivalent OR Bachelors or Master's with 1-3 Years of Tableau Developer experience
* Intermediate proficiency in Tableau Desktop
* Familiarity with Tableau Server
* Experience writing Structured Query Language (SQL)
* Ability to perform data analysis and troubleshoot data integrity issues
* Experience in data source and workbook optimization
* Perform analyses that result in positive business outcomes
* Highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
* Tableau Server administration, configuration, maintenance, and security a plus
* Knowledge of graphic design, data visualization, user experience, or interaction experience a plus
* Familiarity with ETL tools and processes (Alteryx, SSIS, Informatica, etc.) a plus
* Experience with other reporting tools (SSRS, Crystal Reports, PowerBI, etc.) a plus
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
Life At Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to 'Well-being Week,' our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.