Experience Strategist - Mid-Level - Retail Centers
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We're not just designers. We're tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators, and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve the world's most challenging problems, like designing a more resilient, inclusive, and equitable future for our communities and cities.
We believe that a strong and consistent strategy is the foundation of a successfully designed experience, and we seek to embed strategy across many projects throughout the Firm. In the role of Experience Strategist, you will be responsible for collaborating with clients from different industries and designers from multiple disciplines-digital, brand, environmental, and interior design. Valuable experience for this position includes end user research, data analysis, workplace strategy, industry trends identification, service design, framework development, business strategy, design thinking, and experience design.
What You Will Do
* Work directly with clients at the outset of an assignment to define (or redefine) the right opportunity and the right problem to solve
* Present directly to clients, building a relationship by ensuring their goals and ambitions are able to be achieved through our proposed strategies and solutions
* Provide insights to help devise world-class strategies that contribute to thoughtful solutions by helping develop deliverables including research plans and analysis, experience briefs, customer journeys, roadmaps, workshops, and retail strategies; Provide strategic inputs throughout the creation of the products - from vision and conception to launch and optimization
* Challenge both clients and peers to think about opportunities that solve business challenges while meeting brand and customer needs
* Work closely with a multi-disciplinary group of Strategists, Analysts, Planners, Architects, and Designers to develop engaging solutions for clients, demonstrating and inspiring the client and team by showing your knowledge and your craft
* 5+ years of experience in creating human-cantered design, service design, and/or experience strategies, preferably for clients in the lifestyle sector (retail, hospitality, entertainment, etc.)
* Have worked in a progressive, creatively-driven environment that embraces strategy as part of the core design process
* Proven track record creating strategies, including customer journeys, archetypes, experience briefs, strategic POVs and workshops that manifest into solutions that cut across the digital and physical worlds
* Experience working in dynamic conditions and on multiple workstreams that require fast iterations and pivoting between collaborative and individual work
* Experience in executing research initiatives to gather additional content focused requirements
* Experience in designing and supporting engaging workshops with internal teams, clients, and other stakeholders
* Ability to develop compelling communications that help clients to visualize and understand the benefits and implications of strategies and recommendations
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while working with teams, clients, and other partners
* Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
* Comfortable with the ambiguity of working in and defining unknown spaces
* Experience with presentations and proposal development
* The ability to respond proactively and thoughtfully to design critique and feedback from clients and colleagues
* The ability to infuse empathy and behavioral analysis into your work
* Familiarity with design research methodologies and processes
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign required), and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook), and other visual communication tools
* Fluency with digital collaboration tools such as Miro, Mural, Microsoft Teams etc.
* Familiarity with website development software/language, Readymag, Square Space and other technologies is a plus
* Familiarity with rapid prototyping tools such as Invision, Sketch, and AdobeXD a plus
To be considered, please submit portfolio and/or work samples in PDF format.
Life at Gensler
Gensler is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Through our Five Strategies to Fight Racism, we continue to create a just and equitable future for our colleagues and our communities with our clients. We are a solid voice for social change as we impact people's lives and fight racism. At Gensler, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace environment.
As a people-first organization, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to 'Well-being Week,' our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.