Designer - Senior - Architecture
Employment Type: Full-Time
As an Architectural Designer, you will collaborate with our Design Directors to develop innovative solutions as well as coordinate the design from concept through to the execution of a project. You are internally motivated to create human experiences which elevate user experience while solving specific client program goals. A personal commitment to collaboration and mentoring, together with strong skills in visualization and representation, is your foundation for design leadership at Gensler.
What You Will Do
* Design and plan complex architectural projects of varying types.
* Steward the conceptual design vision in all phases of the project including programming, conceptual designs, space planning, design development, and production.
* Establish a strong relationship with clients, and advocate for our clients' needs and values.
* Provide leadership in visualizing design concepts in order to represent opportunities for evaluation by clients and stake-holders.
* Resolve complex technical and design issues in collaboration with a diverse team of architects, consultants, and other subject-matter experts.
* Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and sustainable building practices required; Portfolios should include at least 1 project with this particular focus, and candidates should be prepared to talk to this in their interview, especially built projects with LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard , Fitwel and /or Net Zero Building certification.
* Advanced degree in Architecture preferred, with a rigorous design education. At minimum an accredited Architecture degree.
* Licensed Architect, or demonstrating significant commitment and progress towards licensure.
* 10+ years of relevant architecture and design experience, with a strong background designing multiple building typologies of varying scale, including projects for commercial developers.
* Proficiency in Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, and 3ds Max
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Outstanding graphic and verbal presentation skills
* Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the firm, with clients, and with other key constituents
* Proven ability to lead and direct design teams and projects
* Conceptual designer and thinker
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume in PDF format.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to 'Well-being Week,' our offices reflect our teams' diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.