Design Manager - Senior - Workplace
Employment Type: Full-Time
Join a dynamic and growing team designing innovative projects for leading workplace interiors clients. We are looking for a senior level leader to help grow our practice in the Orange County area, with immediate opportunities on high profile projects. We are collaborative and client focused, with a commitment to design experience, sustainability and social purpose.
What You Will Do
* Lead collaborative design teams, working closely with Design Director and team to establish effective project work plans with attainable project objectives
* Develop and maintain client relationships
* Manage all phases of workplace interiors projects, from project set-up through design and
* construction administration
* Help prepare project proposals, negotiate contracts and fees, coordinate bidding process
* Manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, project set-up with clients, sub-consultants, vendors and contractors
* Actively support sustainability and resilience goals, guiding clients and project teams toward multi-benefit sustainable and resilient design solutions
* Support diversity, equity and inclusion goals on projects and within the office
* Track financial performance of projects
* Experience leading workplace interiors and planning projects for our existing and new clients
* A minimum of 10 - 15 years of related experience
* Integrated into the local Orange County Area community with positive workplace interiors client references
* Experience developing high performance sustainable building projects
* Strong leadership, organization, communication and interpersonal management skills
* Commitment to collaborative design process
* Experience negotiating project scopes, fees, and schedules
* Knowledge of California building codes and standards
* Proficiency with PM software: MS project a plus
* Working knowledge of Revit preferred
* Professional degree (Master or Bachelor) in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited program
* Licensed professionals only
* LEED accreditation is preferred
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to 'Well-being Week,' our offices reflect our teams' diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits
include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers
reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In
addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.